A well-regarded FMCG company is looking to appoint a Regional Category Lead for co-manufacturing.
Procurement Heads is delighted to be working with a fantastic FMCG manufacturing company to help recruit a new Regional Category Lead specialising in co-manufacturing.
The company is currently undergoing a transition period with this role playing an integral part in its further growth and success.
The culture of the company is one that’s passionate about continuous improvement and growth.
They are operating on a hybrid basis, with a great degree of flexibility on where you are based.
As long as you are able to go into their London office when necessary, the majority of work can be done from home.
The role of the Regional Category Lead is leading and managing the procurement of manufacturing goods and services, procurement operations, maintaining and developing the supplier base, driving strategic relationships, and developing and implementing category strategies for the UK and Europe regions.
You will be responsible for circa c.£50 million of annual co-manufacturing and co-packing commercial spend.
- You will be a key member of the UK & Europe Procurement Leadership Team with accountability for managing UK&I & Europe Co-Manufacturing and Co-Packing portfolio and commercial vendor relationships.
- You will also be encouraged to lead additional co-manufacturing activity for other regions within the company, building relationships with Regional Leads and their teams, and ensuring there is ongoing alignment with the Global Supply Chain Officer.
- The role works with a diverse range of senior partners in order to ensure the success of third-party manufacturing: Head of Procurement – UK & Europe, UK & Europe Procurement Leadership Team, Global Procurement Officer, Global Supply Chain Officer, UK&I and Europe Supply Chain teams, UK&I and Europe Commercial and Marketing teams. In addition, Supply Chain and Commercial teams in other regions dependent on specific projects.
- The role is integral to new product development, business innovation plans and prioritisation activity.
- You will be leading the development of the supply base and vendor commercial relationships which will support the delivery of innovation and new product development in chosen markets, delivery of CBR, cost improvement and vendor performance.
- Development and implement the sourcing strategy for Co-Manufacturing and Co-Packing for the UK&I and Europe regions
- Maintain a team of procurement professional who have the experience and capability to implement the sourcing strategy and meet the business needs.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of high-performance suppliers who are capable in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation.
- Develop a supply base where we have options and capability to implement innovation which will drive competitive advantage and generate budgeted revenue.
- Build expert market knowledge and understanding across the team including competitor activity, emerging markets and technologies to ensure continuity of supply, and ensure the best value is achieved.
- Develop and maintain a unique insight into other businesses of a similar size and capability to the company and therefore benchmark and ensure sharing is a key activity.
- Deliver business targets by employing a robust budgeting process and setting ambitious team targets.
- Provide expertise and lead the development and implementation of Co-Manufacturing and Co-Packing plans for other regions across the company, as required.
- Provide excellent governance processes, which has 100% contractual compliance for all Co-Manufacturing and Co-Packing relationships.
- Supporting and building Annual Procurement Operating Plans
- Managing monthly Price Variance and forecasts
What do you need for this role?
- Procurement category management experience
- Experience in managing partners at all levels, including senior director level and C-suite
- Demonstrable track record of leading Procurement and cross-functional teams
- Proven delivery in category management, partner management and project management are essential.
- FMCG or manufacturing industry background
- Track record of collaborating with Marketing and Commercial teams
- Demonstrate ability to craft and build product briefs
- Experience in defining and managing cost models
- Experience in working in a co-manufacturing environment (customer or supplier side)
Benefits of the role:
- £7k car allowance
- 15% bonus can be exceeded to 30% based on personal and business achievements