We are delighted to be working with a scale-up design and manufacturing lighting company recruiting a new Purchasing & Production Planner.
You will be joining a scale-up company which has increased its turnover sevenfold over the last three years.
The company works with several councils and project developers on exciting rejuvenation and new build projects.
The next three years will also see them move into the electric vehicle market and they are already in talks with some of the leading car manufacturers.
To cope with the increase in scope and workload they are looking for a Purchasing & Production Planner to join the company and report directly to the Operations Director.
The Purchasing & Production Planner will support the Operations Director on ad hoc projects and manage most transactional procurement requirements.
However, with the company’s scalability, there is a real opportunity for development and progression.
The company is privately owned with a supportive MD and small team around you which will support, nurture and help you along your journey.
You will be joining a family feel culture where your happiness is valued.
As Purchasing & Production Planner you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing suppliers for equipment, goods and services.
- Creating draft POs with quantities and dates for approval by the Commercial Director.
- Following up supplier order acknowledgements and ensuring POs in the MRP reflect the latest planned delivery dates.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Update MRP re-order levels to reflect changes in demand.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring suppliers deliver on time.
- Carrying out supplier audits and performance management
- Working with the Operations Director to ensure the production plan is achievable in the light of stock actual and forecast availability and manpower availability.
- Advise sales as early as possible of any changes to the planned production dates that will affect our promised delivery.
- To undertake any other task deemed necessary by the management team.
Skills and experience required:
- At least 3 years of purchase management experience.
- At least 3 years of use of a purchase/demand MRP II system
- Experience and responsibility for supplier selection and management.
- Experience in progress chasing and proactively managing suppliers.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, and an excellent work ethic