This leading gas provider is recruiting a Project Procurement Manager on a permanent basis. This position is responsible for leading procurement of materials, equipment, and services for capital projects across the business.
The Project Procurement Manager will ensure effective material control of the project equipment and materials from planning through sourcing, expediting, inspection, transport and receipt. The Project Procurement Manager is expected to develop competitive sourcing strategies, actively engage suppliers, professionally negotiate purchase orders, and resolve performance issues.
This position manages supplier relationships to ensure alignment with project strategy and goals. This position challenges technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost-effective solutions. Strong planning, project management, cost control, sourcing, communication, and negotiating skills are required.
Key responsibilities include;
- Acting as a single point of contact between the Procurement team and the Project Execution team
- Direct the Procurement team and work closely with the Project Manager to successfully plan and execute the Capital Procurement scope within capital projects.
- Develop Project Procurement Strategy aligned with overall Project Execution Strategy
- Prepare and issue enquiries, requisitions, and purchase orders according to project schedule
- Negotiate with Suppliers to obtain globally competitive price, delivery, and contract terms
- Author Bid Tab evaluations and Sole Source justifications
- Run and analyze material status reports, and communicate risks and problem areas to Project Manager on regular basis
- Liaise frequently with Expeditors, Inspection Leads, and Transportation Specialists
- Maintain Commercial interface with Suppliers. Manage warranty claims, backcharges, and liquidated damages
- Manage budget for Capital Procurement scope of the project, including the equipment/materials costs as well as the Procurement hours expended
- Monitor global market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk
In order to be successful in the role of Project Procurement Manager, you will need the following skills and competencies –
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with internal and external customers
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills
- Ability to bring teams together to resolve issues and achieve targets and goals
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies and procurement work processes
How to apply:
To discuss the Project Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7387103143. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.