A sustainable energy-generation company is looking for a Project Buyer to join a procurement team of four.
The Project Buyer role is a green-field opportunity and an exciting time to join as the company is highly recognised in the green sector.
The company has grown to 370 people in the last 6 months with a view to grow to 400 by 2021.
If you are an engineer who has moved into procurement or a Procurement Manager or Buyer who has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the engineering, manufacturing or automotive industry then this would be the perfect opportunity for you to share your knowledge and take part in developing the procurement function and consequently, the growth of the business.
- Represent the Purchasing Department as appropriate in cross functional teams which drive through New Product Introduction and research projects to strict time and cost constraints.
- Preparation of costed Bills of Materials, landed costs, for all purchased and sub-contracted product and services and the maintenance and development of these through the life of the project including cost down roadmaps.
- Identify potential vendors, launch RFQ’s and RFI’s, negotiate terms and conditions with vendors.
- Responsible for tracking supplier progress to ensure 100% on time delivery of tooling and samples at the right quality level. Chair technical reviews with the Suppliers and Design Team to ensure the design is manufacturable, drawings are understood and approved before suppliers accept projects in collaboration with colleagues in Supplier Development department.
- Resolution of quality and delivery, working with the Quality Department, issues for bought-in components. Understanding of the 8D process.
- Provide input, with justification, with regards to forecast spend and variations for those projects under management and for annual budgets of direct and indirect materials and services.
- Propose sourcing options for decisions. Guide and influence engineering component selections. Ensure all purchased parts are nominated and approved for source in time to meet project builds.
- Ensure the proper production capacity and tools are implemented by vendors.
- Support the designs through the Design Validation stage working along with Planners.
- Working with Planner Buyers to establish the correct supply chain to meet the Production validation and manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure that all the MRP settings are correct for the Production handover.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Working with supply chain to improve the availability of raw materials, feeding back to the design team of any cost, availability or import issues with material.
- Procurement Department support
- Maintain purchase database and ensure data accuracy in the system.
- Contribute to developing and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Assist with other procurement activities as required.
- Champion for MRP as a business tool from sales ordering through to supplier scheduling and demand planning.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Relevant degree qualification, e.g. mechanical engineering or material science.
- At least 5 years’ procurement.
- Experienced in methods used in MRP systems.
- Workflow approach for the flow of materials through the supply chain.
- Experience within high volume manufacturing or an automotive supplier.
- Track record in managing procurement projects either via NPI projects or on VAVE programmes.
- Experience with Sub-Contract Management
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to meet strict financial and timing targets for new project launches and cost down projects.
- Negotiation skills.
- Flexibility is key in a fast-paced growth company.
In applications for the Project Buyer role, we will be looking for:
- Manufacturing, Engineering or Automotive sector knowledge background
- An understanding of Engineers drawings
How to apply for the Project Buyer role:
To discuss the Project Buyer role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7393 140509. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.