For more than a century, this organisation has been trusted to deliver engineering services across the UK and globally with public bodies being the main customers.
The Programme Procurement Manager role would sit within the marine division on one of the largest naval bases in Europe. This role is embedded in a strategic partnership with one of the main customers and has come about due to growth in contract demand.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will have overall accountability for the supply chain design, execution and performance for one of the main platforms. You will be required to work on major repairs and maintenance programmes as well as supporting the supply chain team in providing materials, services and subcontract support to meet operational output.
Flexible/remote working patterns are encouraged and will be discussed at interview.
As Programme Procurement Manager, you will be expected to have knowledge in the following areas:
- Defence Sector Repair and Overhaul knowledge
- Exposure to regulatory bodies such as Lloyds and ONR
- Sound Commercial Understanding of “Best Practice”
- Experienced procurement practitioner with knowledge of current strategic procurement techniques and (Relevant experience in Sourcing & Procurement)
- Material Management Experience including Inventory Control methodologies
- Experience of working in complex project environments.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- MCIPS or equivalent professional accreditation
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher desirable
Please note; this role is subject to obtaining SC clearance. You must therefore be eligible/capable of achieving this to pass the security checks process.
How to apply:
To discuss the Programme Procurement Manager in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.