A fantastic company in Dorset is recruiting a brand new, exciting opportunity for someone who can and is willing to support the internal procurement function, essentially creating and amending procurement processes to support the growth that this company had.
This company doubled in turnover, size and projects and the procurement team has contributed half of this revenue, generating the company a further £45m. Therefore, the team require someone with the knowledge and tenacity to take up the challenge of organising the procurement processes that ensure the team can operate effectively, at pace and in line with the company’s growth. This is also an internal facing role, supporting the procurement team but also supporting the Head of Procurement who has devised a strategy and requires support in implementing it. You will have the support of a Data analyst and having experience managing procurement data is also required for this role.
Principal responsibilities of the Procurement Transformation Lead role:
- Manage the Procurement Analyst to ensure ERP data, reporting and SharePoint are available for the procurement process.
- Review, identify and deliver procurement process improvement initiatives.
- Delivery of improvement in overall Value (quality, cost, delivery and performance) via the development and delivery of metrics for the procurement function.
- Gain an understanding in wider business processes and long term strategy to inform the procurement process.
- Develop effective internal information and KPI sharing platform for Procurement
- Create and foster relationships with Operations, Engineering, Production, Finance and Business Assurance to ensure the wider business needs are met and promote the procurement function.
- Represent Procurement within the Improved Ways of Working program.
- Work with engineering product teams to improve information quality and flow between Engineering and Procurement.
- Identify and deliver enhancements to the procurement functionality of the ERP System.
- Develop departmental KPI’s that assist in improving compliance, on time delivery and quality.
- Ensure procurement ERP data accurate and timely.
- Work with management to prioritise and deliver business information needs.
- Develop a training suite for procurement process.
- Actively assist in developing supply chain maturity and performance
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- In depth knowledge of procurement best practice.
- Understanding of end to end business processes
- Ability to influence at all levels
- In depth ERP/MRP knowledge (preferably AX)
- Able to mentor junior colleagues
- Experience in delivering change
- Highly methodical and analytical
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Lean Six Sigma
- Degree in relevant subject or experience in similar role or equivalent.
- Project Management qualification desirable
- Leadership Skills
- Strong IT skills including ERP/MRP knowledge
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
Benefits of the Procurement Transformation Lead role:
- 25 days Holiday Allowance
- Clear progression
- 12pm finish on Friday
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel insurance
- 30% mobile phone discount
- Dental cover
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Transformation Lead role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.