Are you looking to work within a fast paced and challenging procurement department? This market leading media organisation is offering the chance to lead a team of Procurement Managers to focus on corporate services categories. With a re-invigorated procurement function, this is the perfect time to join an instantly recognisable organisation.
As Procurement Team Leader, your role will be to for lead a team across a number of category areas within the Corporate Procurement team in the UK. The requirement is for someone with in-depth sourcing experience across a broad range of corporate categories including (but not limited to) HR & Professional Services, Property & Facilities, Travel, Finance and Legal. The role will provide key commercial support across the business and supplier base and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team.
The key areas for this role will include:
- coaching and leading the strategic development of corporate procurement
- planning, creation and execution of sourcing exercises and category planning
- leading commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers
- planning and commercial analysis and producing high quality presentation material
- project managing sourcing activities to ensure smooth implementation across the business
- business intelligence (product, market, supplier and agency services)
- mentoring of broader team members
- active supplier relationship management (SRM) to lead innovation across the partner portfolio
Skills and Achievements:
- Significant procurement experience preferably in a fast paced, challenging, changing work environment
- Experience in Corporate Services Procurement including in depth understanding of end to end procurement processes.
- Excellent internal customer engagement and influencing skills.
- Experience of eProcurement and eSourcing tools.
- A willingness to tackle and advise on solutions to complex business issues.
- Significant experience sourcing and implementing large-scale business change.
- Analytical and financial understanding of the service cost models and lifetime cost of acquisition.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills to address issues with key suppliers at Exec and Board level.
- A high level of professional stature, with the ability to establish personal credibility quickly with senior internal customers and agencies.
- High levels of presentation, transparency, communication, integrity and achievement.
- Provide strategic input to develop multiple category areas and constantly look to drive improvements from Procurement.
- Excellent time management and project management skills and ability to prioritise across multiple activities.
If you are a match for the role then do apply with an updated CV or call Paul on 01962 869838 to discuss further.