Advancing change on an international scale; an organisation tackling challenges facing vulnerable individuals.
This role is offered on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract basis. Joining at an exciting time you will work as part of a large new project to transform how teams operate, to deliver a bold new strategy. This includes modernisation of processes and operating procedures to realise critical cost savings across multiple categories of spend.
As Procurement specialist you will play a key role within an established team, working to support the Category Manager you will take responsibility of various tasks delivering vital data and analysis. You will be independent in running tender processes, and continuously maintain strong relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Running majority of a tender process across various business needs
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements
- Managing supplier relationships and monitoring performance on key contracts
- Conducting relevant analysis and market research to drive efficiencies across Procurement
- Supporting the Project with key deliverables and tracking budget reports and project updates
- Working with internal SAP system to process Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes and Payment documents
- Analysing quotations and making recommendations in a competitive bidding process
- Take responsibility for managing and filing Procurement documentation in line with audit standards
- Proactively maintaining and growing both supplier and contracts databases, anticipating new and emerging business needs
- Driving best value for money practices in procurement, and tracking and reporting against Procurement savings targets
Skills and Experience Required:
We are looking for an individual who is a proactive team player with a flexible and dynamic approach. To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience
- Relevant procurement experience / knowledge of procurement processes
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is essential – demonstrable aptitude with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt communication style accordingly
- Ability to work off own initiative, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Experience in using an ERP such as SAP would be an advantage
To discuss this FTC role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis and can be reached via email@example.com. All enquiries are handled confidentially.