A leading insurance business who have recently grown and developed their procurement team is looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist on a permanent basis.
This role is working within a newly expanded indirect procurement team, working across a range of spend portfolios. As such, your role as Procurement Specialist is broad and will see you working on a range of procurement projects.
In the delivery of such projects, you will manage contract risk, drive innovation and work to improve value from suppliers throughout the supplier life cycle. You will also work closely with the Head of Procurement in the delivery of category strategies in collaboration with business leaders. Your role will be highly proactive in identifying and prioritising opportunities, driving business engagement and conducting market research within your category area.
Working alongside a highly collaborative team this will be a fantastic opportunity to further progress your procurement career. The business values each and every employee and commits to supporting any additional studies such as CIPS. If you are a proactive individual who enjoys networking with senior business stakeholders across many business units, this could be the role for you – with a broad category remit, this offers just that!
As Procurement Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Run end to end procurement activities (tender/auction, negotiation, due diligence etc. through to signing)
- Build a strong partnership with key stakeholders in the business, ensuring early engagement, making the process easy for them, with clear inputs, deliverables and acceptable turnaround times for completion of procurement activity.
- Liaise with legal to support stakeholders in a smooth contracting process, with key clauses and outcomes clearly understood.
- Maintain an up to date expertise in latest developments, key players, innovations, opportunities, market developments and regulation in your category.
- Negotiate best commercial outcomes with suppliers which balance cost with the service level, risk, tenure and alignment of long and short term organisational goals.
- On board and implement suppliers, ensuring a clear implementation plan is in place and track benefits where delivered.
- Manage in-life contractual adherence, measure business case delivery and support identification and management of supplier risk.
- Implement and conduct supplier relationship & performance management initiatives to identify future opportunities to drive cost reduction, efficiency, drive transformational innovation or improve commercial outcomes.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with Supply Chain policies & procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in demonstrating commercial acumen, with the ability to understand complex commercial issues.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Highly organised, and able to manage multiple projects to a conclusion in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience in stakeholder management
Read more about the benefits available for this role:
- Competitive salary
- £5,000 car allowance
- 10% bonus scheme
- Competitive pension plan
- Agile working
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Discounted products
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Specialist role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7387103143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.