A Fortune 500 business with customer centric approach and reputation spanning more than 120 years. A company in an exciting phase of growth, working to further improve and refine their specialist expertise and offering.
A Fortune 500 business with global reach, and reputation spanning more than 120 years, is recruiting a Procurement Specialist to be based in West Sussex. The company is in an exciting phase of growth, working to further improve and refine their specialist expertise and offering. As a result, the opportunity to add value through Procurement is significant, and with excellent stakeholder buy in across the business your voice will be heard.
As Procurement Specialist your role will be pivotal to contributing to the on-going strategic objectives of the team, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective procurement delivery. The Procurement team has come a long way over recent years and now operate at strategic level, working closely with stakeholders at all stages of the procurement cycle. Your role goes beyond tactical buying, and involves establishing and maintaining long-standing, key business relationships with such business stakeholders.
Joining a successful team, that has been nominated for a CIPS award within the last year, you will be surrounded by hard-working, positive and collaborative procurement professionals. You will also have access to the Procurement Academy, an on-going development tool designed to support you at all stages of your career. We are looking for candidates with a desire to deliver outstanding procurement and push the boundaries to achieve excellent outcomes.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be a part of? If you are looking for a new challenge, and you’re interested in joining an agile business who are developing new ways of working, please read on…
- Identifying commercial opportunities and lead the process of strategic and tactical sourcing execution & implementation to ensure delivery of stakeholder requirements and procurement targets
- Manage and mitigate commercial and contractual risk
- Develop and maintain effective relationships both with the supply base and internal stakeholders
- Continuously review the supply base through category management methodology and consolidate where appropriate to optimize value and total cost of ownership
- Ensure consistent procurement processes (RFI’s & RFP’s) are undertaken to appoint suppliers that provide optimum value and quality for the business
- Support Procurement team with contract reviews, supplier negotiations and supplier performance management where relevant
- Ensure implementation of local and global procurement policies
We are looking to appoint a passionate, ambitious and driven Procurement Specialist with experience and understanding of the end to end Procurement process. You will have a high level of commercial awareness and proven contract negotiation skills.
The role requires a candidate with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. As Procurement Specialist you will need to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, as such strong interpersonal skills are essential.
Key requirements are;
- Sound knowledge of Procurement processes including RFP, RFI and contractual reviews
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Full understanding of category analysis for example: total cost of ownership, cost drivers and factors needed to ensure a robust commercial assessment for the business
- Ability to undertake financial evaluation and identify potential commercial risks utilising credit rating third party tools and excel
- Ability to manage and develop supplier relationships through contract management and re-view
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive a range of benefits including;
- 6.25% bonus eligibility
- Access to flexible benefits funding of up to £929
- Up to 8% pension contribution from the company
- Life assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Free onsite gym
- Modern, high end offices with ample free parking
- Supportive and positive working environment
- Access to Procurement Academy – an ongoing training and development resource
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Procurement professional to further advance their career in a positive, collaborative, innovative and supportive business. If you’d like to be a part of a company pioneering the future of healthcare do get in touch today!
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. All enquiries are handled confidentially.