A rapidly growing private equity-backed insurance company is looking to add a Procurement Specialist to their team.
Operating within the reinsurance market, this business has a strong reputation for innovation and holds a global presence in six countries on four continents. Having seen another strong year of profitability, this business is continuing to grow its newly established procurement team.
In this newly created role, as part of a team of 4, you will work on end-to-end procurement across a variety of categories, with a particular focus on IT spend.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 3-5 years of procurement experience to step into a role with broad scope. Given the team is fairly new and small in size, you will get brilliant exposure to senior stakeholders and the opportunity to work closely with a high-performing team.
The working pattern will be a hybrid work arrangement with 2-3 days per week spent in their modern central London offices.
Key Responsibilities for the Procurement Specialist role:
- Support the end-to-end procurement process, including development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation and contract execution and ongoing monitoring
- Ensure that the Outsourcing Framework and Strategy is embedded across the company
- Work with relevant business owners to agree on, regularly review and measure the value of suppliers
- Challenge existing expenditures and develop new strategies and targets to deliver annualized savings
- Manage Procurement & Outsourcing systems & data, including production of key management information and reporting
- Ensure there is a robust governance framework managing and monitoring compliance
- Manage day-to-day operational interaction with suppliers
Key Skills and Experience for the Procurement Specialist role:
- End-to-end Procurement experience across different categories
- Strong capabilities of dealing with IT, Claims and Outsourcing contracts
- Good relationship and negotiation skills
- Ability to monitor and review ongoing contracts using a mixture of quantitative and qualitative measures
- Good commercial judgement
Benefits of the Procurement Specialist role:
- Up to £52,000 salary
- 10% bonus
- 10% non-contributory pension
- 8x life assurance