As part of an exciting growth plan, an insurance business based in Sussex is recruiting a Procurement Operations Manager to evolve and then run all the operational processes that are required to run an effective Procurement Operation.
The Procurement Operations Manager role will be pivotal in the evolution and continued success of the procurement and supply chain management operations of the business. Engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, you will support the Senior Procurement Operations Manager in the implementation of a programme of change to implement a robust, efficient and business-centric procurement operation and then manage the day to day delivery of those processes.
As Procurement Operations Manager your key accountabilities will be:
- Development, application, and training of robust procurement policies and processes, developing toolkits and controls as required to manage adherence and make processes easy for users, including our suppliers, to engage with
- Supplier Management Framework application and adherence from the centre, establishing robust adherence monitoring and reporting alongside training for business leaders
- Forecasting of procurement resource requirements, ongoing work stacks for the team, time to complete and considering upcoming initiatives and renewals to manage the delivery of all activity in line with agreed business SLAs
- Develop a robust due diligence process, implementing best practice approaches and ensuring appropriate resource and time is allocated to complete in line with target signing dates
- Agree on target signing dates with procurement leads, business owners, legal and diligence leads and suppliers to ensure alignment on priority and urgency of contract signing – then measure delivery against agreed timeframes and communicate any changes consistently and in good time
- Support aggregation and prioritisation of the procurement pipeline and ensure that the pipeline, target signing dates, and prioritisation are being communicated clearly across the organisation
- Supplier master data management and establish and maintain a process to provide effective spend reporting to the Procurement team
- Conclude the implementation of supplier relationship management system and establish more robust governance control reporting and supplier performance analysis and reporting
- Procurement team performance data collection, reporting, and analysis, such as savings reporting
- Leverage procurement best practices such as reverse auctions, working with procurement leads to select and implement any tools required.
- Establish a framework for supplier auditing
- Contract adequacy review and contract summarisation processes
- Maintain visibility of upcoming contract renewals and consider for each contract at what stage tenders should be scheduled, or if no tender is planned when contract renewal discussions should take place
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in relevant SRM or procurement roles preferably with procurement operations experience
- Highly organised with experience in project management, influencing leaders, driving change and establishing and delivering consistently on robust controls and processes
- Strong with data
Benefits of the Procurement Operations Manager role include:
- £50-55,000 DOE
- £5k car allowance
- 10% bonus
- 27 days holiday
- Flexible benefits
To discuss the Procurement Operations Manager role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387 103 143 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.