Working across several brands and with multiple stakeholders – both locally and globally – the Marketing and Print procurement team procures all the marketing services and is critical to the success of the entire enterprise.
An acquisitive, multinational financial services organisation with transformation on the agenda for 2021 and an emphasis on upskilling and embracing technology is recruiting a Procurement Officer to join its Marketing and Print procurement team.
In this role, you’ll have an excellent platform to develop your procurement career, providing you with exposure to a range of indirect areas of spend and regular opportunities to develop both your negotiation and supplier management skills.
As Procurement Officer – Marketing and Print your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting and/or leading the sourcing process e.g. Requests for Proposal (RFPs), including supplier segmentation and due diligence checks for specific initiatives in a variety of procurement categories
- Working with the Senior Procurement Officers to develop the category plan and supporting key initiatives
- Negotiating advantageous terms and conditions, creating value for cost-effectiveness, higher quality and more flexibility.
- Developing and implementing initiatives for cost optimization, supplier consolidation, simplification, service delivery/quality improvements, process efficiency and value increase, subject always to supporting the wider needs of the business, considering the procurement values “peace of mind”, “speed to market” and “value for money” as well as the underlying culture of the organisation
- Delivering short-term tactical cost savings while supporting the wider objective of building a sustainable category procurement strategy.
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders through proactive engagement, collaborative working practices and a lean and flexible approach to work. Specifically working in close alignment with the global procurement team
Skills and experience:
- 2-3 years’ procurement experience (broad indirect procurement experience) is required and it is advantageous to have service/supplier knowledge in Marketing and Print, be it from working agency side or within marketing procurement role
- Strong commercial, analytical and project management skills
- Stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Impeccable communication skills, i.e. in a broad range of situations, clearly and effectively expressing ideas and messages
- Experience in negotiation and supplier management skills
- Takes ownership and shepherds projects to optimal conclusion
- Ability to work practically and with agility in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Experience in sourcing and procurement processes and tools, e.g. Ariba (preferred, not essential)
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or CIPS qualified (or working towards)
Benefits of the Procurement Officer – Marketing and Print role include:
- Discretionary bonus
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Officer – Marketing and Print role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.