An SME multi-site specialist distribution organisation has seen significant growth over the last few years and such, are going to market for their first Procurement Manager.
Currently, the purchasing is handled by the sales team in conjunction with the bespoke needs of the customer base and there needs to be a real shift within the organisation to centralise procurement to facilitate the sales team to focus on their respective roles.
The Procurement Manager role is a greenfield opportunity to establish a Procurement function from scratch and build a team in the future. With limited processes, contractual obligations and spend analysis in place, this is a real opportunity to define the needs of the organisation from the ground up. For someone who has experience in developing greenfield functions for SMEs, this makes for an attractive role.
You will be leading all Procurement activity including contract management, supplier management, inventory and stock management in order to drive savings and increase supplier performance.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager role include:
- Managing a spend of 9.5m
- Market research and trend analysis in order to carefully forecast stock
- Contract Management specifically the implementation of SLA’s & KPI’s
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Negotiate service level agreements with vendors across all divisions within the organisation
- Develop and maintain accurate, complete documentation of all contract/SLA and governance processes
- Maintain contact with vendors to manage the status and quality of orders and the progress towards contractual commitments.
- Develop a stakeholder collaborative strategy by identifying vendors that can be leveraged through this process and internal stakeholders who will be involved in managing them.
- Drive change in vendor behaviours to meet performance goals
- Pursue new vendor relationships as needed, recommending new products to management that could be of interest to the business
- Report on vendor performance, profile and spend data
- Identify risk within vendors and ensure a minimal impact to the operation of the business.
- Analyse problem areas in the supply chain and help resolve issues and disputes
- Record and warn management of any expiring contracts/SLA’s
- Understand vendor spending by category, cost centre, region and vendor to aid in negotiations
- Continually seek optimal value in the service from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and initiating contract modifications
- Work with management to ensure appropriate use of budget – including allocation of funds to contract negotiations, process development and reporting.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of contract negotiations
- Understanding the procurement process including financial implications
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintain vendor management policies, processes, procedures and standards.
- Strong leadership skills to establish authority and influence both internally and externally to the company.
- Ability to create a portfolio to determine contractual and financial exposure and develop the vendor management mission, goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of project management.
In applications, we will be ideally looking for:
- Communication – both written and verbal
- Analytical capability with strong attention to detail
- Decision making
- Motivation and initiative
- The ability to work autonomously and drive innovation
- Team work/team coordination
- Industry/business awareness
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role include:
- Autonomy/greenfield opportunity
- Fantastic salary
- Potential bonus scheme tbc
- CIPS support
- Flexible working
- Parking on site
- Pension Scheme
- Travel expenses
- 25 days holiday
- Friendly and collaborative environment
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.