Procurement Heads’ Industrial practice has partnered with a renowned utilities company to recruit a Procurement Manager – Systems & Technology, to help strengthen energy security and deliver net zero.
As a Procurement Manager – Systems & Technology, you’ll support the Head of Procurement and Property in leading and delivering all indirect procurement activities as well as building an end-to-end procurement cycle.
The role offers a hybrid work model, and you’ll be working from either its Wokingham or Warwickshire offices 2-3 days a week, with occasional travel to the other site.
As a Procurement Manager – Systems & Technology your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading, motivating and developing a value-focused team of procurement professionals.
- Leading on the development of the strategy and implementation plan for digital transformation.
- Delivering a portfolio of strategic sourcing events within category groups, identifying the best sourcing strategies and leading events from market engagement through to award.
- Support the business to plan for and develop future requirements, using this insight to influence and contribute to business procurement strategy.
- Be seen by internal and external stakeholders as a subject expert for procurement within a business. Role holder will provide expertise, regularly partnering with others to meet strategic goals.
- Reporting on spend performance to provide a holistic picture of procurement activity.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of understanding, identifying, and executing multiple opportunities across a range of spend categories to deliver value.
- Experience in managing and motivating small teams of professionals.
- Track record of driving value beyond straightforward procurement savings; usage of lean techniques to identify and eliminate waste and identify income opportunities in the extended value chain.
- Supply chain management experience in complex environments.
- Expert influencing and negotiation skills to drive optimum value through the award of commercially sound contracts.
- Up to £65,000 salary
- Up to 15% bonus
- Up to 6% double-matched pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance