A reputable Surrey based company with years of history are recruiting a Procurement Manager to look after their IT spend. Working alongside the Category Manager this role will deliver on strategic procurement objectives, providing commercial support and guidance.
The Procurement Manager will take responsibility for all areas of the IT spend and work closely with key stakeholders and suppliers in this area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage with key stakeholders to effectively implement category strategy
- Work alongside the Category Manager to plan and prioritise activities to ensure the efficient delivery of business objectives
- Advise business units of procurement policies and best practice guidelines
- Manage key sourcing activities, ensuring projects are deliveries on time and to budget
- Lead commercial interactions with suppliers
- Identify opportunities to improve commercial performance and provide relevant insight to management teams
- Work to deliver cost saving at all opportunities
- Play an active role in overall procurement team initiatives, process reviews and meetings; willing to bring energy and a can do attitude.
Skills and Experience Required:
To be successful in this role it is essential to have proven experience of the IT category within a blue-chip organisation. Further experience required is as follows –
- Experience in working in a fast-paced organisation on multiply projects with multiple stakeholders
- Being able to draft and negotiate complex contract structures to meet significant business objectives
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate examples of cost reduction following identification of opportunities
- Able to challenge while maintaining good stakeholder relationships
- Excellent team player who thrives in a fast pace and challenging environment
It is not essential to hold a CIPS qualification, although this would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading business and take your career to the next step. If you think you possess the skills and behaviours listed above, I am keen to hear from you!
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis. All enquiries are handled confidentially.