As one of the largest housing associations in the region, this newly structured organisation has grown over recent decades, maintaining their commitment to providing the best possible service within communities.
Working on a 12-month fixed term contract this role requires an immediate start and will run until February 2020. The Procurement Manager will run high value and business-critical OJEU projects, working closely with senior stakeholders across the organisation. You will be a consultant to your stakeholders, offering commercial guidance and advice to enable them to achieve their objectives.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager with a collaborative style. The team is very close-knit and it’s essential that the appointed candidate can work well with others, offering ideas and support where required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage procurement activity – i.e. quotes / tendering/use of framework agreements
- Understanding of OJEU procurement processes and principles
- Deliver a high quality, customer focused, responsive service
- Engage senior stakeholders, working with them to offer commercial guidance to achieve strategic objectives
- Work closely with suppliers, maintaining relationships and monitoring performance
- Maintain supplier and contracts database
- Produce timely and accurate reports for management, making recommendations where required
- Promote collaborative working and sharing of best practice among staff to ensure continuous improvement
Skills and Experience Required:
- We are looking for a Procurement professional with proven experience and excellent capability to hit the ground running. You will have worked previously in the public sector and be available for an immediate start.
- Further skills and experience required are as follows –
- Experience of OJEU tenders
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong team player with collaborative style
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation leading from the front within the housing industry. To discuss further please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. All enquiries are handled confidentially.