A Procurement team embarking on an exciting journey of transformation is seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to oversee Strategic Projects within the business.
With a newly created vision paper and an ambition to drive change this Procurement team welcome an individual who will provide proactive Procurement engagement on strategic initiatives, working as the lead for all special projects.
As Procurement Manager – Strategic Projects your role will involve:
Project work, sourcing and project-related business partnering activities.
You will own elements of reporting and MI provision for the applicable project and programme, and on occasion assist on wider category/sourcing projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver strategic Procurement/project related activity to support material / special projects as required (RFPs, RFIs, commercial and contractual negotiations, securing approvals etc)
- Support applicable project-related Procurement Business Partnering activities and engage with key business stakeholders across the business to identify and progress material special projects
- Carry out all aspects of the Procurement cycle in relation to special projects as required, including contract negotiations and drafting
- Leverage digital tools when completing key Procurement/project tasks
- In all situations where suppliers provide goods and services directly to external customers, ensure that procurement activity and supplier relationships are managed appropriately
To be successful in the Procurement Manager – Strategic Projects role, you will come with existing experience of the following:
Procurement & Outsourcing:
- A thorough understanding of procurement tools and techniques relevant to group-wide categories/project scope
- Ability to select appropriate procurement strategies and procedures, manage the selection of suppliers and negotiate legally binding contracts
- A good understanding of supply chain risk and mitigation strategies for group-wide scope including legal risk, commercial risk, CSR risk, fraud risk and business continuity risk
- Knowledge and contribution to the departmental risk-return. A good understanding of the legal aspects of contracting with suppliers
- A good understanding of the category scopes and detailed knowledge of the relevant supply market and best practice sourcing models
- A good understanding of the use and application of sourcing and spend analytic tools
Throughout the selection process for this role you will be assessed on the following:
- Your experience of proactively managing supplier sourcing requirements and working on major material, special projects.
- Project Management experience
- Ability to set and deliver procurement strategies, supplier selection, agreeing on cost and price models that demonstrate value creation, conducting complex negotiations and negotiating legally binding contracts
- Experience of successfully influencing senior business stakeholders and subject matter experts through effective engagement and articulation of procurement strategies
- Experience of working in a best practice procurement environment
Benefits of the Procurement Manager – Strategic Projects role include:
- Base salary up to £62,000
- Bonus scheme offering up to 45% of annual salary
- Pension – up to 5% employer contribution
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance – 8 x salary
- Annual Leave – 27 days, plus bank holidays
- Save-as-you-earn share plan
- Employee Share Plan
- Group income protection
- Discounts on everyday shopping
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
To discuss the Procurement Manager – Strategic Projects role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387103143| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.