A market leader in their field with very little competition elsewhere, this privately-owned manufacturing SME is seeking to appoint a Procurement Manager to lead a team of five and develop a strategic sourcing plan to enable business growth and save costs.
Since its inception some 50 years ago, this organisation now operates in five continents and supports over 40 countries operating across both Military and Commercial markets. Everything is bespoke manufactured in the UK from its Southampton facility.
The business has experienced year on year growth since 2016 and with a healthy pipeline of existing contracts as well as prospective business coming through, it is expected to continue growing at the same pace.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this Greenfield hands-on role requires someone to develop and manage the Procurement function and lead the way when it comes to strategic sourcing. This is a key appointment for the business and one that is fully supported by the Finance Director and Managing Director. If the business is to continue to grow, the Procurement department needs to reach a level of maturity to support this.
As Procurement Manager you will:
- Manage and lead a team of five, providing strong guidance and oversight
- Develop a strategic sourcing strategy elevating the procurement function from a transactional buying team to one which can add value through innovation and rationalisation of the supplier base
- Work with the Finance Director to provide useful management information for reporting to the Senior Management team
- Ensure the timely delivery of goods are adhered to and ensuring solutions are in place to meet these expectations
- Identify, research and manage new suppliers
- Ensure effective supply chain controls are in place to support the requirements of a rapidly changing business
- Management of supplier relationships through ensuring effective agreements are in place at the best possible cost to the organisation
- Able to demonstrate the ability to deliver savings across a wide ranging supplier base.
- Proven ability to work as a Business Partner, engaging with the Senior Management Team
- Track record of leading teams and developing individuals to reach their potential
- Confident communicator; the ability to build rapport with the suppliers is critical and the Procurement Manager will lead the charge on this
- Proven track record in strategic sourcing as opposed to transactional buying from approved lists
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business at the cutting edge of innovation. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information