We are exclusively working with a fast growth SME in Dorset specialising in construction that is wanting to appoint its first Procurement Manager.
This is an organisation that has diversified its product lines significantly over the years, and as a result, requires a strategic Procurement Manager to leverage spend and implement a robust SRM programme.
Reporting to the Finance & Commercial Director and supported by a Buyer (also to be recruited), you will be responsible for devising a procurement strategy that is fit for purpose across all revenue streams.
The top three objectives for the Procurement Manager role are:
- To provide procurement support by way of sourcing and purchasing the best quality materials at a competitive price within budgets.
- Source and grow a network of quality suppliers who meet the core values of the business.
- Build strong relationships within the business to find solutions to project challenges.
Your key interfaces will include: Finance & Commercial Director, Production, Design, Commercial as well as Finance & Project management.
The pipeline for 2021 & 2022 is very healthy and given procurement has been a tactical function up until this point, now is the time to come in and make the difference and really start to embed SRM into the organisation. Spend is circa £2-5m allowing for seasonal variances with roughly 20 key suppliers. One of the challenges is single source and you will need to be able to source multiple alternatives for the main product lines.
An understanding of Supply Chain best practice would also be useful as the likelihood is that production and warehousing will fall under the remit of the procurement manager as the function becomes more established.
As the Procurement Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Understand Business material requirements.
- Build & maintain a network of suppliers allowing the business to benchmark material requirements.
- Negotiate contracts with supply chain.
- Manage BOM’s for business product with Design & Production.
- Develop strategies to ensure costs savings and supplier performance are met.
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Manage and motivate the procurement team.
- Liaise between Suppliers and internal teams such as design & production.
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy.
- Maintain & improve existing systems and processes within procurement team.
- Keep up to-date with trends and innovations that can impact on the business.
Skills and experience:
You should have a proven track record in building a strong supplier network and strategic sourcing gained ideally within the construction, manufacturing or engineering industry.
Ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and previous experience of managing procurement and improving performance is essential.
- Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Works for the benefit of customers, suppliers and the wider team. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing ideas and expertise with others.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
- Communication: Clearly communicates ideas, plans and priorities to others. Makes communication a priority so there are no surprises.
- Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.