An established company trusted to provide important facilities for six prisons across the UK requires a Procurement Manager to join its team.
AS FM Procurement Manager
This highly-skilled security services company is looking for someone to complete the purchasing of all Hard & Soft services, including workshops, gyms, catering, uniform, healthcare and educational services for a new prison. Reporting to the FM Category Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all suppliers are set up, compliant and suitably managed in time for the all-important deadline of September 2021 as well as facilitating the re-bidding for 2 other prisons.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is process-driven, likes a fast-paced environment and can be reactive as well as proactive in sourcing and selecting suppliers. This is an important role as the future of what you put in place will facilitate the rehabilitation of hundreds of people.
- Holds a good understanding of tactical sourcing and can build and develop sub-category plans with assistance from Group Procurement.
- Accountable for the Project Plan to identify, negotiate, contract and implement the suppliers, including organising and facilitating a supplier open day to encourage SMEs to express interest.
- Must have experience of using contracts finder and familiar with MOJ standard set of requirements for suppliers
- Leads/supports compliant sourcing, negotiation activities with key suppliers, in line with the Regional/Country Category strategies, ensuring supply chain solutions meet the business requirements and deliver in year P/L savings and efficiencies.
- Manages supplier performance measures against which suppliers are monitored within a culture of continuous improvement and best practice, making recommendations to change suppliers where necessary
- Able to develop supplier catalogues, to drive business requirements through agreed catalogues.
- Able to take on contract management for critical supplier contracts, driving a continuous improvement agenda, with tangible measurable outputs.
- Ensure regular market testing and benchmarking is performed to ensure the maintenance of market competitiveness, value for money and best practice
- Able to run review meetings with both stakeholders and suppliers to review performance and demonstrate they can manage improvement plans where poor performance is being delivered.
- Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Able to influence key stakeholders across the organisation.
- A self-starter, able to identify procurement opportunities, articulates the benefits and delivers the out with support from the Cluster Leader.
- A passion for driving real change and challenging the status quo across the country
- Prepared to travel across the UK/I
- Ability to influence, persuade, challenge key & diverse stakeholders at senior levels
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing / buying environment
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to influence key & diverse stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong desire and motivation to learn
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to achieve against targets
In applicants we will be looking for:
- Preferably someone from a Public Sector Background
- Organised and a quick thinker with a track record for saving costs and working successfully against tight deadlines
How to apply for the FM Procurement Manager role:
To discuss the FM Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.