A British manufacturing company Headquartered in Wimborne, Dorset is looking to appoint a Procurement Manager to work on a specific programme of works and suppliers.
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, you will manage a specific portfolio of vendors and suppliers that have been subcontracted to your specific programme. Whilst you won’t have any direct management responsibility, you will be the main point of escalation for all Buyers within the team. The team is comprised of 4 Procurement Managers and 6 Buyers in total as well as having 6 test engineers from the wider team feeding into the structure.
Travel is limited – you will spend 1 week in 6 visiting suppliers across UK and Europe.
- To ensure the effective procurement of materials, components, major work packages and services for the site or Business Unit
- To coordinate the procurement activities for designated Commodities or for a group of Value Streams within the Business Unit
- Undertake commodity analysis to develop new and alternative sources of supply
- Create and maintain both market and supplier profiles for all nominated suppliers within the commodity
- Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers
- Managing the end to end supply chain relationship with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit
- 5 years’ experience working in a supply chain organization. Previous
experience as a senior buyer or Procurement Manager within a technology company
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and negotiating tactical, strategic and commercial activities
- Supplier relationship management
- Technical knowledge of commodity management
- Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
- MCIPS or APICS certification preferred