A privately-owned, disruptive technology business, which has seen 10 years of high growth as well as revenue swiftly approaching $150m, is recruiting a Procurement Manager to manage indirect Procurement globally.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for multi-million pound spend across a range of indirect Procurement categories, including software, IT infrastructure, professional services, HR services, Facilities Management, insurance, travel, and utilities.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Finance, Legal, Operations, and the Commercial Team to improve existing systems and establish efficient and intelligent processes at each stage of the vendor lifecycle, from pre-RFP to offboarding
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure optimal buying and vendor management behaviours
- Be seen as a go-to resource to drive efficient, value optimised, and intelligently contracted procurement
- Assist stakeholders with criteria scoping, design RFP and vendor evaluation processes
- Coach stakeholders to negotiate and design optimally configured proposals
- Ensure prospective vendors meet all necessary conditions to partner with the company, quarterbacking collaboration between the purchaser, vendor, Legal, Finance, and any other relevant departments
- Ensure and negotiate optimal value on final contracts
- Onboard suppliers smoothly, ensuring integration with all relevant teams (e.g. Accounts Payables, IT, Commercial Teams)
- Take point on contract disputes, run review and optimisation task forces, manage retender processes
- Conceive and execute initiatives to further relationships and develop strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Track spending trends, and partner with relevant teams (e.g. Finance, Commercial Team) to understand and maximise value and ROI
Skills and experience required:
- 4+ years of directly relevant procurement experience in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience procuring indirect services for a professional services firm is preferred, and familiarity procuring IT services is required
- Robust technical knowledge encompassing: contract fundamentals, excel, relevant industry tools such as vendor management software.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in the areas listed under “Responsibilities,” having managed multi-million-pound annual spend
- The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter with strong prioritisation skills, taking a pragmatic approach to identify the highest impact areas of focus, then designing and following well-considered plans to unlock value
- Resilience and determination are key qualities for the Procurement Manager role, as is a meticulous mindset and consistent attention to detail
- A strong commercial mindset is required for this role; the successful candidate will get a kick out of always unlocking optimal value through contract configuration and intelligent negotiation
- Working as a sparring partner across all functions, levels, and regions, the successful candidate will be able to quickly forge trusted and positive professional relationships.
- The ability to create, assess, and constructively challenge compelling business cases is a crucial skill in this position
- High EQ; gravitas to convey expertise along with the humility to accept feedback and others’ points of view in a highly collaborative environment
- This role requires a tolerance for ambiguity, as well as the ability to conceive of elegant and efficient new systems and workarounds.
- Proven record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role include:
- Free gym membership
- Pension matching
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 07785 622635 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.