A Fortune 500 corporate services company with a best-in-class Procurement function is seeking a Procurement Manager to join its growing and highly profitable Facilities Management business unit.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the role will be a mix of business influence, category management, sourcing and procurement, supplier management (including SRM) and stakeholder management, and would suit someone with a minimum of three years experience working as a Procurement/Category Manager, ideally with broad indirects knowledge (including FM) for a blue-chip.
As Procurement Manager (Facilities Management) your key responsibilities will be:
- Business Influence: Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the business unit and penetrating the organisation by continually demonstrating value and breaking down barriers in order to effectively managing spend
- Category Management: Understanding business and client requirements and supporting the business unit in developing and implementing an appropriate 3-5-year procurement plan through the development of regional and national procurement strategies for the category
- Sourcing and Procurement: Sourcing the appropriate supply chain through the supplier vetting process and authenticating the exempt supplier list, ensuring that supply chain sourcing is structured to meet stakeholder requirements; sourcing, leading and managing procurement projects for the category, ensuring internal/ external governance and best practice is followed and value for money is achieved
- Supplier Management (including SRM): Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Tier 1 (preferred framework suppliers) and Tier 2 suppliers (their direct sub-contractors) within the category; owning and leading the strategic supplier relationships to meet the business’ global procurement and client objectives and acting as a point of escalation where required
- Stakeholder Management: Serving as the interface between the functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of category management activities – acting as a centre of excellence for the category within the procurement function and promoting the benefits and best practice sourcing principles to stakeholders within the category area
Skills and experience:
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years relevant procurement and supply management experience
- Experience within Property or Facilities Management (“FM”) preferable
Benefits of the Procurement Manager (Facilities Management) role include:
- Up to £54,000
- 10% bonus
- Matched pension
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager (Facilities Management) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.