A Senior Procurement Manager for IT has been appointed and been in post for three months now. He has identified the need for a Procurement Manager to join his team and assist the company with its digital transformation plans.
Based in North Hampshire, this established brand in the UK are embarking on an ambitious transformation with a new CEO driving their digital agenda. As a result, they have hired a new Procurement Director and he is seasoned at transforming and moving functions forward where Procurement is immature and lacks the right level of engagement in the business. He is looking at the function and in the process of restructuring.
You will be responsible for £100m of spend across both hardware and software services with the view that making the role a generalist IT position leads to the full understanding of the overall IT strategy. You will have the opportunity to be involved in many change projects which include; moving to Cloud hosting from an existing data centre and migration of websites amongst others.
As Procurement Manager you will:
- Be responsible for devising strategy, gaining business alignment and execution at category/sub category level
- Manage small teams where relevant
- Stakeholder management, updating key teams on a regular basis and gaining alignment to strategy
- Manage project teams to deliver Procurement initiatives
This role would suit somebody with either three years plus experience within IT Procurement or somebody who has been more of an IT Procurement contractor but who now wants to focus on a permanent role. The knowledge of IT Procurement is critical for this role as is an entrepreneurial flare and being able to act as a change agent.
In addition, you will possess:
- Ability to autonomously build strategies, gaining business alignment to these and delivering against them
- Experience of full end to end lifecycle Procurement, including 7 step strategic sourcing
- Experience of IT environment and sub categories
- Ability to conduct sourcing initiatives
- Communicate and influence stakeholders to gain commitment to the strategy and associated initiatives
- Own vendor management through utilisation of MI, governance structure, KPI’s and SRM to drive improvement
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established Household Brand within the UK and be a part of the transformation. Please apply with an up to date CV today or call Hayley on 01962 869838 for more information.