An innovative and entrepreneurial FMCG organisation with a start-up mentality and fantastic corporate culture is seeking a Procurement Manager (Indirects) to act as a lieutenant to the Head of Procurement and deliver a host of Procurement initiatives across all areas of the business.
Situated in a Googlesque office in Central London, you will report to the newly appointed Head of Procurement and help manage a wide range of indirect spend categories while simultaneously living and breathing the company’s inspirational philosophies and values.
To do this, you’ll ensure a professional, strategic and managed approach to all external supplier spend, delivering value for money via a culturally fit-for-purpose relationship.
As Procurement Manager (Indirects) your key responsibilities will be:
- Influencing behavioural change through coaching individuals and teams on professional supplier engagement
- Analysing spend data and providing business intelligence to all key budget holders including Marketing and Sales as well as Commercial Finance
- Managing risk by ensuring external legislation and best practice is incorporated into day-to-day business practices
- Providing comprehensive induction to all new starters to enable them to engage with key suppliers in the most efficient way from the beginning
- Managing supplier relationships to add value and continuously improve performance while reducing commercial risks to the UK business
- Sourcing innovative suppliers for goods and services to meet the unique requirements of the business
- Implementing new Procurement processes that enable the efficient and cost-effective management of all supplier engagements
- Supporting the Head of Procurement with running key RFI/RFP processes from sourcing through to contract then implementation and review in line with CIPS current practices
- Accurate and timely invoice processing including coding to relevant departments
- Communicating to all levels of the organisation to build relationships across all business teams and ad-hoc presenting to team leaders
- Supporting internal stakeholders with specific supplier relationships
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record of delivering cost efficiencies
- Previous experience in a Procurement environment that regularly engages with the internal customers as well as the supplier base
- Experience of FMCG environment (preferably brand/IP experience)
- Confidence, gravitas and the ability to sell, influence and negotiate
Benefits of the Procurement Manager (Indirects) role include:
- Up to 20% bonus
- 8% company pension
- Free breakfast
- Mental health coaching
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- 25 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager (Indirects) role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.