This world-leading specialist delivering outstanding services across the global aviation industry is recruiting a Procurement Manager on a permanent basis to be based in Sussex.
As Procurement Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Procurement and take responsibility for the sourcing of suitable, cost effective and technically capable suppliers. You will closely manage a multi-million USD$ annual spend across 200+ suppliers and this will additionally include the scheduling and expediting of 4,000+ expendable and consumable part numbers. Typically, this will include chemicals, electrical components, filters, fasteners and seals through to proprietary parts, standard hardware and aircraft cabin interiors.
Contributing to both the functional and department cost saving targets, your activities will be pivotal to the growth of emerging business revenue streams within the business, including bid support. On occasion, you will act as deputy to the Head of Procurement and actively support a one team culture. Interfacing regularly with key stakeholders in the business, your role will require you to work in an organised, analytical and structured fashion with an eye to identification of strategic and cost down opportunities.
You will ideally be CIPS qualified or working towards this; there will be support offered to complete your training and as part of your role, you will be expected to mentor a number of direct reports. You will be supportive and approachable, ensuring they benefit from your skills, guidance and expertise.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for the efficient delivery of both strategic and operational procurement activities, whilst maintaining key relationships with stakeholders and suppliers alike. Further deliverables of the role include;
- Strategic Sourcing and selection including the development of product awareness and potential sourcing solutions for current demand and future business opportunity.
- Define and develop mechanisms to identify and quantify on-going sourcing-based opportunities to reduce cost of products and services across the supply chain and within the organisation such as efficiencies through improved process and supplier management, contribution to the department and functional cost savings.
- Compiling and maintaining comprehensive supply base records such as; contractual information, supply chain information and stakeholder engagement
- Supplier Management – supplier performance, on time delivery, problem resolution containment action, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Operational Procurement, material scheduling, efficient order placement and effective expediting
- Workload management and prioritisation for the team ensuring team performance is achieved
- Ensuring products are bought for the right price on all occasions, protecting company margin
- Maintenance of exiting Key Performance Indicators and the development of reporting to track improvements over time. Monthly reporting to the Head of Procurement.
- Conducts joint benchmarking and best practice reviews on operational procurement practices.
- Price and commercial evaluation and negotiation on new business opportunities
- Reviews the overall effectiveness of supplier contracts and relationships, identifies further opportunities and implements improvements
- Ensures that supplier engagement optimises stakeholder requirements.
- Takes pro-active, action based supplier performance measurements
- Monthly reporting Prepare and present monthly team activities and progress against milestones
Skills and Experience Required:
The successful Procurement Manager will be a true team player, who takes ownership of their workload, and values open lines of communication. Your style will be organised and efficient, and your approach to problem solving logical and well-structured.
Further skills required for this role are listed below;
- Commitment to stay up to date with the industry and supplier market
- Analytical nature with clear problem-solving capability
- Personable style with ability to build and maintain relationships across stakeholder, supplier and peer groups
- Ability to mentor junior team members, offering guidance and support where required
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
This is a fantastic opportunity to elevate your Procurement career, please contact Sophie Cook to discuss this role in more detail – Sophie@procurementheads.com / 01962 869838. All enquiries are completely confidential.