This established and nationally recognised institution has undergone rapid change within the procurement team due to a £600 million investment and has invested heavily in expanding and restructuring the team.
With ambitious savings targets for 2018/19, as a Procurement Manager you will support the Category Manager and Senior leadership team to deliver tenders and source the most appropriate suppliers.
The Procurement Manager role would be an exciting proposition for a procurement professional looking for something a little different in their professional life. An opportunity to be a part of a fresh and newly formed team with ambitious targets and strategy to develop. Offering a generous contributory pension scheme + 30 days holiday + 6 days closure of Christmas and Easter + bank holidays. There is also a nursery, gym, swimming pool, holiday children’s clubs and parking onsite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with the senior Category Manager to develop and lead the procurement related strategy for various assigned spend categories, from the creation of category plans to supplier selection, solution implementations, and supplier relationship management
- Carry out detailed assessment of any market issues ranging from the supplier market, relevant conditions of the market and cost drivers in order to implement and deliver compliant, quality and value for money.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on legislation and regulations relating to procurement: prepare tender documents, and liaise with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external when appropriate.
- Have a detailed understanding of all procurement procedures, including EU tendering.
- Graduate member (or working towards) of the chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply
- At least 3 years Procurement Experience
- Excellent Negotiating skills
- Strategic Analysis
- Competent with Electronic Purchasing and Tendering experience
- Understand elements of EU Procurement Directives