With ambitious savings targets for 2018/19 and continuously striving to be best in class, this Nationally recognised institution has just benefited from a £600m investment.
You’ll report directly into the Head of Procurement providing operational, strategic and management support across this growing function. With a team beneath you to challenge and influence, you’ll need to have proven management experience and be ready to get stuck in.
This is a brilliant opportunity to be a part of a fresh and newly formed team with ambitious targets and strategy to develop. Offering a generous contributory pension scheme + 30 days holiday + 6 days closure of Christmas and Easter + bank holidays – alongside a nursery, gym, swimming pool, holiday children’s clubs and parking onsite.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage all aspects of procurement governance and risk management. Ensure timely decision making and the appropriate management of risk including the implementation of any mitigating actions
- Ensure best practice procurement practices are adopted and updated regularly, through regular collaboration with HEIs and other relevant organisations.
- Develop an efficiency and effectiveness tracker, designing targets which drive appropriate behavioural change
- Develop a range of KPIs for procurement activities and procurement projects in conjunction with internal and external requirement
- Ensure that the data within procurement related systems (e.g. Spend360, In-tend contracts database) is relevant and reliable. Produce management information for Faculties and Professional Services including accurate spend and supplier data
- Ensure that workload is spread appropriately across the team, balancing competing priorities and ensuring the balance between strategic priorities and business as usual tasks
Skills and achievements:
- Experience leading and managing teams, ideally in the public sector
- Demonstrable work experience delivering complex procurement projects within a category management approach
- Procurement governance best practice, leading practice processes for sourcing, supplier management and category management
- Demonstrable experience developing and delivering category wave plans, demonstrating substantial changes to activity from stakeholders
- Proven successful and significant experience of working at a strategic level and senior level within a large, complex and multi-disciplinary organisation
- Understanding of the strategic context for procurement within a large and complex organisation
This would suit an experienced manager looking to further their career in an award winning organisation – please apply asap for a chance to be considered!