A leading wholesale supplier SME with an exciting growth agenda for 2020 and beyond is recruiting a Procurement Manager to join its senior leadership team, drive the business forwards and step into a Director-level role over time.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will develop, lead and manage end-to-end Procurement, in addition to implementing an innovative growth-focussed commercial strategy, focussing on new products within the business’ existing core market.
Leading a team four and responsible for a circa £20m spend, you’ll manage the complete Procurement process, ensuring correct stock levels, good-quality products and packaging, competitive prices and well-managed supplier relationships. In addition, you’ll be a key stakeholder in the implementation of a new ERP system.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Commercial Strategy:
- Developing and implementing a Procurement strategy for the business
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of profitable opportunities to grow revenue and market share
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are being met and business is retained
- Working closely with the Sales Director to manage key customers (existing and new)
- Working closely with marketing to ensure alignment with strategic and commercial goals
- Product Development: Identifying and procuring new products to suit the business’ target customers and to enable turnover growth; managing the end-to-end process
- Stock Control: Managing the stock on a monthly basis to ensure OTIF can be maintained at agreed levels
- Supplier Relationship Management: Liaising and negotiating with approximately 30 overseas suppliers and 100 UK suppliers daily
- Demand Planning: Working with the Sales Director and CFO to plan future requirements to plan demand carefully based on sales forecasts, weather, market conditions, etc.
- Carriage In & Logistics: Organising freight in, FOB, CIF, LCL and airfreight shipments and getting the best prices available
- Liaising with Sales: Providing sales staff delivery dates on items out of stock not showing on the system
- Management Information: Monthly strategic reports to the MD
Skills and experience:
- Accomplished Procurement professional with demonstrable cradle-to-grave Procurement experience
- Experience working in a hardware, construction or wholesale environment
- Low-cost Or Far East country sourcing experience
- A strong leader with gravitas and experience directly managing a team
- A customer-focussed and hands-on ‘doer’ willing to pivot to the needs of the business
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role include:
- 1k car allowance
- Up to £30k annual bonus
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.