Due to the growth of the Procurement function and a national restructure this organisation has created a new opportunity in order to utilise the procurement function to its fullest. With exciting times ahead, you’ll be joining at a pivotal time for the business.
With a division spend of anything between £1-25m not only are the projects extremely varied, providing a “no-day-is-the-same” experience but because this growing organisation supports a large part of the community this role is also extremely important. Furnishing the company with pivotal equipment, innovative new builds and crucial refurbishments remains a key part to the functioning of the company in order to meet the needs of the community.
A hands-on, project-based and important role, you will be an experienced procurement professional with experience in construction and maintenance contract management. A healthcare and public sector background is also highly desirable.
- Working as a senior member of the procurement team, participating in the development and implementation of customers’ procurement strategies by ensuring it is communicated, understood and supported by budget managers
- Achieving the department’s objectives and ensuring commercial arrangements are optimised
- Pro-actively reviewing and developing selected areas of non-pay spend
- Planning, designing and implementing best value-for-money contracts and implementing the most cost-effective internal logistics arrangements. Best value-for-money contracts involve the development and expansion of contracts with collaborative organisations other than this company
- Responsibility for the commercial management of specific category areas and have lead procurement responsibility for relevant executive divisions, working directly with the senior managers, budget managers, staff and finance staff
- Leading delivery of high value and complex procurement projects within your category areas
- Developing new and innovative methods of ensuring efficient processes are completed
- Ensuring all capital and revenue expenditure is subject to value for money review in line with the standing financial instructions.
- Delivering and prioritising up to 70 new projects per annum and continue to contract manage and renew existing agreements.
- Proactively and positively contribute to the successful performance of the organisation
For more information, give me a call on 01962 869 838. Really keen to see CVs so send these to firstname.lastname@example.org as the client is ready to interview soon!