This world leading multinational organisation, that works closely with the oil and gas industry to develop and manufacture highly specialist products, is looking for a Procurement Manager, EMEA to lead a team of 3.
Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of raw materials/goods & services necessary, you will support business goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities, resale operations, R&D facilities and corporate departments. You’ll be responsible for more than $100m in annual spend with a high level of complexity and critical material, products or services. The role typically comprises 30% tactical and 70% strategic procurement.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to negotiate and maintain price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimized, supply maintained, contracts implemented and managed as appropriate and SAP data maintained.
- Develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, products and services purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing (know the buy) ensuring that significant market changes are anticipated, managed and communicated.
- Define and implement procurement strategies at a Global level for specific materials, products and services.
- Identify and select sources of assigned raw materials, products and services. Work with the supplier base to identify new sources within existing portfolio and new technologies which may bring advantage, sponsoring and supporting approvals as appropriate.
- Prepare, maintain and communicate long term sourcing strategies to support the Long Range Plan (LRP) both within region and at a global level as appropriate to ensure raw material, products and services availability and economics are communicated to and support the needs of the business.
As a minimum you’ll have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Economics, Maths, Chemistry or related field.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, negotiation, influencing and leadership qualities typically acquired through a number of years’ experience in related roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the procurement function and SAP typically acquired through several years of procurement experience.
If you’ve worked in the petroleum additive, lubricant or chemical industries we’d be very interested to have a chat, please call Sam on 01962 869 838 or email email@example.com