This is an opportunity to join the team during an exciting period of growth, working in a fast paced and high performing team within a prestigious organisation.
As part of an ongoing transformation of the Procurement function, this high performing Organisation is seeking several Category Managers to plan, drive and deliver Procurement Strategies in collaboration with internal and external departments, stakeholders and organisations. Managing a Procurement spend of up to £250M, the procurement team has been re-structured to facilitate best practice and a commercial approach to the entire Procurement Lifecycle.
The organisation is open to flexible working and would be happy for you to work remotely for part of the week as well as being given the freedom to define your own working hours. You’ll lead the Assets and Infrastructure category and will report directly to the Head of Procurement, giving you exposure to high level business leaders. Ideally, you’ll have previous Indirect category experience within a publicly regulated environment, however, this is not essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide substantial procurement expertise, leading significant projects across a range of commercial, category and sourcing activities to secure the goods, works and services that most appropriately address the identified needs of our customers, residents and partners
- To manage the relationship with a major service area at senior level
- To ensure that through procurement and commercial arrangements organisational and service objectives are delivered, efficiencies and wider value is achieved, and compliance with relevant policy and procurement legislation is maintained
- Post holders will need to bring expertise and innovation to their role, and will work on local, regional and collaborative projects, often as part of cross functional teams
Skills and Achievements:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification plus substantial experience at a senior management level in a specialist area
- Knowledge of the principles of change management, project management and continuous improvement, and their practical application
- Authoritative knowledge of the work practices, process and procedures relevant to the role including broader sector/commercial awareness
- Ability to manage budgets and resources to deliver effective support to their area of responsibility
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with high level negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners/professionals
Procurement Heads is partnering with this organisation on an exclusive basis so please be sure to apply using the link provided for a chance to be considered for this role.