A leading FTSE 250 Services organisation in the UK is embarking on a significant Procurement transformation project. With a relatively new CPO at the helm, they are wanting to move away from working as separate legal entities and operate under one vision and as a result, standardise how Procurement works within the organisation.
With over 200 offices, this is a major project and will require high calibre individuals to join the business and help drive the overall strategy.
As a result of this transformation, a Procurement Operations team has been set up in Bristol with a view to providing management information, data tools, e sourcing activities and all administrative requirements to enable the Category Managers to focus on Strategic Sourcing activities. The team is circa 12-15 people strong and consists of Procurement Executives, Procurement Specialists and Procurement Managers. Your role as Procurement Manager is to manage Procurement Executives within the Procurement Operations team, to support and improve their performance and provide guidance, direction, mentoring and support when required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring supply chain solutions are fit for purpose, aligned to business need and represent lowest total cost, best service, highest quality, ethical & sustainable supply with relevant impactful supply base innovation
- Conduct rigorous professional sourcing activity, manage data integrity, support and conduct Supplier Relationship Management, undertake bid support and carry out contract mobilisation
- Work closely with key stakeholders, especially the Strategic Procurement Managers to align procurement plans & delivery with the business requirements they have identified
- Implement the defined processes and ways of working across six strategic priorities of People, Cost, Technology, Customer, Process & Suppliers
- Conduct benchmarking, price reviews, market intelligence and supplier audits for procurement
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent professional experience
- A track record in operational procurement delivery working as part of a team
- Evidence of managing teams to achieve business outcomes
- The ability to manage multiple tenders and/or procurement projects to deliver business benefits
- First class interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to influence, challenge and negotiate with wide range of knowledgeable clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Knowledge of sourcing methodologies, SRM, contracting & negotiation
- Hands on experience of delivering bottom line cost savings in a complex environment
- MCIPS qualified, or working towards
- Been involved in major transformation and change programs within Procurement
This is a fast paced, low margin, customer centric organisation. Nothing is being made and therefore relationship building both internally and externally is essential in order to be successful in this role.
To find out more, please apply with a CV to email@example.com or call me on 01962 869838 ocurementhead