A new role has arisen for a Procurement Manager to join a division of an Aerospace organisation in Dorset.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Manager forms part of the Global Supply Chain Team focused on helping the business unit to plan and implement procurement strategies and manage its existing and new subcontracts.
With a spend of £50m, you will be working on a high profile programme within the organisation. Historically, this team has been focused on tactical purchasing of spares and repairs but have made a real focus to shift into more strategic supply chain work. Whilst you will not have any direct reports, you will liaise with a team of Buyers from a resource perspective.
Key elements of the Procurement Manager role include:
- Managing typical suppliers and spend relating to spares and repairs
- Upgrading Aircraft; performing a Supply Chain review, sourcing and onboarding new suppliers and focusing on NPI
- Outsourced maintenance contracts pertaining to labour and infrastructure maintenance
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing strategic suppliers and strategic relationships
- Identify and manage risks associated with key and major subcontracts
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and key suppliers
- Preparing tender packs, evaluating tender proposals, negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Negotiating proposals, contract modifications and agreements as required
- Assessing the Make vs Buy and provide payback justifications
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with suppliers whilst applying sound commercial judgement and ensuring compliance with policies; insurance requirements; confidentiality requirements; and ‘flow down’ requirements from customer contracts
- Supporting bid teams to source, manage and secure sub-contracts that meet customer needs and differentiates from its competitors
- Drive improved profitability and bid cost reduction through re-use, best practice processes and knowledge sharing
- Manage and control all subcontract documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Supporting internal Phase Reviews/Approvals ensuring that all required approvals are obtained prior to executing a subcontract
- Ensuring the integrity of commercial in confidence, security classified and export-controlled information
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to take positive action and accountability
Skills and experience:
- Influences adjacent functional team senior management to improve solution design or commercial offering
- A strong contributor to functional strategy design and execution
- Delivery of positive results and outcomes through the utilisation of direct reports and team members
- Guides managers and senior managers to deliver optimum results
- Recognised as an expert within the organisation; within and beyond the primary function
- Ability to foresee and solve challenges that may have a broad impact on the wider business strategy or outcomes
- Leads successful business outcomes through the appropriate allocation of available resources
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt the pace of delivery to meet business requirements
- Natural and articulate around senior management. Good listening skills and ability to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the conversation towards decisions needed
- Has the technical skill combined with sufficient gravitas to be recognised as a subject matter expert
- Highly customer-focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Highly results-oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented
- A leader that can comfortably adapt style to teach, coach, or delegate, as appropriate
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of Procurement systems and infrastructure
- Proven contract negotiation skills
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role include:
- Attractive remuneration package to be discussed upon application.
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.