A renowned global Food & Beverage company is recruiting a Indirect Category Manager to lead and build the Indirect Procurement team
INDIRECT PROCUREMENT CATEGORY MANAGER
LOCATION: Remote – Occasional travel to site
SALARY: £60,000 – £65,000
Key categories including: Energy, Engineering, Facilities, Capex and Marketing support.
Procurement Heads is partnered with a leading international food business that has been operating for over 150 years.
Embarking on a bold transformation the company is investing in procurement with a number of new hires across their Indirect and Direct categories.
Proudly producing some of the UK’s most loved foods, our client is on a journey of continued growth and development as they look to invest in their Procurement capability and continue their market domination.
This role will be play a key leadership role for the Indirect Procurement team, managing 3 heads.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the Indirect Procurement category across 8 production sites across the UK (and more as the business continues to expand)
- Deliver category objectives, cost reduction targets, and a competitive advantage in-line with business strategy & objectives
- Develop and deliver sourcing strategies building on an in depth understanding of sub-categories, markets, suppliers, cost drivers and cost structure, and supplier innovation opportunities
- Nurture and develop strong supplier relationships and ensure all governance aspects, including legal agreements, are in force.
- Negotiation of commercial terms and contractual arrangements ensuring supply chain risk mitigation is at centre focus
- Analyse the market forces and trends that influence the organisation and its suppliers
- Have a strategic input to Procurement & Supply Chain risk mitigation opportunities and strategies
- Evaluate category expenditure and create a category management plan across key indirect categories
- Assist in the determination of financial budgets and ensure that objectives are achieved
- Effectively manage supplier relationships to deliver improvement in supplier service.
- Monitor monthly KPI’s for purchased categories and take appropriate actions to ensure delivery to the agreed standard.
- Team management – Support the development of knowledge, capabilities and skills within the team
- Experience managing Indirect Procurement spend within a manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Commercially savvy
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience of strategic sourcing across Indirects sub-categories, including capex, MRO, and marketing.