A leading Hampshire-based education provider is recruiting two Procurement Manager roles, one on a full-time contract and the other on a 2 year FTC.
To realise its ambition of becoming a top UK institution, this leading education organisation has made environmental sustainability and civic action priorities for the procurement team to focus on.
These newly created Procurement Manager roles have come about due to increased demand in the procurement function.
You would be working alongside three other Procurement Managers to manage projects across IT, corporate services, estates and science/tech categories.
While helpful, specific category knowledge is not required.
What’s much more important is the ability to learn quickly and the drive to succeed.
Additionally, a background in a public sector environment is desirable.
If you have a few years of procurement experience under your belt and a passion for sustainability and social responsibility this may be the role for you.
The key responsibilities will include the following, with varying emphasis for each post holder:
- Develop professional working relationships with key senior stakeholders to support departmental resource planning and flag procurement resource requirements to the Head of Procurement.
- Manage spend programmes such as those generated by external funding to deliver a suite of projects to deadlines and within budget. Work with key staff in relevant departments and take the role of procurement lead for the programme.
- Take on improvement/development projects to improve procurement standards across the organisation
- Analyse data relating to category spend to identify areas that require improved management to drive value for money for the organisation.
- Contribute to the development of template documents to ensure they are kept up to date and cover commercial realities to ensure the resilience of the organisation in its supply chain activities.
- Support the Head of Procurement by coaching junior members of the team on specific topics relevant to the day-to-day operation of the team.
- To solve problems that occur, apply knowledge of the category/procurement best practice. Refer to the Head of Procurement in instances that are more complex or critical.
- From time to time lead on technical projects such as but not limited to systems development; risk mitigation strategies; documentation refresh; process development, commensurate to the seniority of this post.
- Such other similar duties as required by the Deputy/Head of Procurement.
Benefits of the role include:
- 32-35 days holiday
- BUPA health