Procurement Heads is delighted to be partnering with one of the world's leading sustainable banks to recruit a Procurement Manager.
The company is a certified B Corporation and offers banking services for people who want to use their money consciously, financing only companies, organizations, and projects that benefit people and the environment.
They have received numerous industry awards in recent years, including the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development and were named the Best Ethical Financial Provider and Best Investments Provider at a recent British Bank Awards.
With the procurement and vendor management department currently undergoing a transformation at a group level, this role offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to work with European colleagues and shape the procurement and vendor strategy, having a real impact on the business.
The Procurement Manager will support the Senior Vendor Manager in overseeing the company’s third-party spend, ensuring compliance with both UK and EU regulatory requirements and driving maximum value.
The role is based in their modern Bristol offices, and you’d work from there roughly two days a week with the rest spent working from home.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the management of key supplier relationships in line with relevant policies
- Supporting the Senior Vendor Manager in risk identification, risk assessment, and risk response regarding vendor management-specific risks
- Working with Contract Managers and Contract Owners to ensure the completeness and correctness of contract records
- Manage Senior Vendor Management workspace and queries on the e-ticket system
- Working with the Senior Vendor Manager and Group Vendor Management to build and maintain the self-service model on the intranet site, aimed at providing Contract Managers and Contract Owners with relevant guidance and process documentation
- Undertaking quality assurance of contractual records on the contract management system
- Supporting the Senior Vendor Manager in driving vendor management excellence and continuous improvement, the best value, and quality improvements within the team and helping to challenge existing practices and identify ways to achieve better outcomes
- Ensuring the importance & benefits of vendor management are promoted across the organisation
Key skills and experience:
- A strong interest in social, cultural, and environmental issues and a clear demonstration of commitment to the business values
- Experience in setting up and reviewing contracts with suppliers
- Experience in managing a number of procurement categories
- Experience in managing supplier contracts and outsourced services
- Experience working in a regulated industry with strong governance
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable procurement practices
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role:
- Up to £45,000 base salary
- 8% non-contributory pension
- 27 days holiday
- Private medical insurance