As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for leading, implementing and defining sourcing strategies and will be accountable for the successful delivery of strategic category management.
This role will allow you to drive performance improvements and implement change through excellent strategic supplier management.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Management of the supply chain for a BU which is part of a larger multi-layered international organisation
- Management of five direct reports with a further eight indirect
- Coaching direct reports and offering guidance in line with best practice procurement
- Proactively reviewing internal processes and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure the correct inputs are in place to create the desired outcomes
- Sourcing definition/oversight of sourcing initiatives
- Evaluating potential suppliers and negotiating supply agreements
- Influencing the supplier selection process
- Leading and supporting the negotiation of commercial terms to ensure maximum value is derived
- Commercial point of contact for key supplier relationships
- Formulation of overall purchasing/stock holding strategy
- Formulating, analysing and sharing regular reports with stakeholders, such as; old stock, cashflow forecast, supplier performance, stock-outs and outstanding PO values. Advising and putting into action corrective measures to best serve the business goals
- Management of inbound logistics, ensuring the business and processes are in line with HMRC customs procedures and any regulatory restrictions (e.g., Brexit)
- Ensuring the purchasing department and the rest of the business is utilising the MRP correctly and MRP data is kept up to date.
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities and efficiencies within the supply chain
Experience and qualifications:
- Strategic procurement and supplier/contract management
- Experience in manufacturing with a working knowledge of BoM
- Strong knowledge of spend analytics and reporting
- Experience in procurement strategy and delivery
- Proven track record in engaging and influencing a complex and diverse range of stakeholders and customers.
- CIPS qualified to at least level 4 (desired)
- Managing a supply chain and logistics consisting of international suppliers (desired)
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role:
- Up to £60,000
- Competitive pension scheme
- 25 days holiday