Procurement Heads' Industrial team is recruiting a Procurement Manager for a leading transport management organisation in London.
This is a leading transport management organisation which operates and maintains several rail networks across the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for procuring goods and services for the maintenance of their rail network.
This will involve working with a number of subcontractors.
You will be working within their small procurement team, giving you the ability to own the space and work closely with the Head of Procurement.
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the tender process from invitation to contract award.
- Negotiating commercial terms with prospective suppliers during the tender process, as well as current suppliers.
- Leading the development and management of Supplier Management Tools to monitor supplier performance.
- Creating processes and frameworks to highlight areas of commercial risk.
- Identification and realisation of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Improving their contract management process and relevant training for the business.
- Managing their current supplier database and forming partnerships that ensure flexibility in the overall supply chain.
Benefits of the role include:
- Hybrid working (3/2)
- Flexible hours
- Life assurance
- Pension (6%)
This company is looking for bright and motivated individuals with an engineering, rail or transport management background.
Due to the nature of the industry, health and safety are essential aspects of the role.
Those with experience in regulated industries would be especially of interest.