Procurement Heads' Financial & Professional Services team is recruiting a Procurement Manager for a Fortune 500 professional services company.
Procurement Heads is once again partnering with this global blue-chip business to add a new role to its procurement function.
As part of a large procurement function in a hugely varied role, you will help to manage tenders and contracts whilst boosting supplier relationships and engagement for a host of high-profile clients across the UK in its FM business unit.
The role is within a busy, fast-paced and ever-changing environment and would suit someone with excellent relationship-building skills who can deal with ambiguity and pivot to the needs of the business and its clients.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a variety of skills with knowledge of category management being particularly beneficial.
Previous knowledge of FM is also desirable but by no means essential.
This Procurement Manager role will provide great progression opportunities with a career path and development into a Director-level position.
The business is open to candidate locations with offices all around the UK, although there is a preference for those based in the North and Midlands, and the working week will be a mixture of home-based, office-based and on client sites.
Key responsibilities of the Procurement Manager role:
- Supporting retender & procurement deep dives – understanding customer, strategy and objectives, monitoring and assisting in delivery
- Creating quality procurement reporting to track and report progress on procurement objectives, targets and benefits
- Reviewing markets to identify new and alternative suppliers to meet business needs – including new sectors
- Ensuring suppliers are safe, sustainable and appropriately accredited
- Developing arrangements with suppliers that are recognised for delivering the best value
- Undertaking formal Supplier Relationship Management reviews with key supply chain partners as part of the group programme
- Developing and implementing category strategies for elected categories, sectors and localities
- Developing internal stakeholders’ procurement expertise and supporting procurement training sessions
- Effective team-working and support to colleagues
Key skills and experience required for the Procurement Manager role:
- CIPS qualified (or in progress) or equivalent with operational experience in managing and working within a diverse and complex organisation
- Customer-focused, with excellent influencing and communication skills
- The ability to work with and influence a broad range and level of stakeholders and suppliers
- A collaborative approach, with the ability to maximise short term whilst building upon long-term productive relationships
- Thrives on working within a fast-paced organisation across the UK, with a diverse supply base and wide geographical spread of contracts
- Strong commercial acumen and a proven track record of identifying and delivering substantial savings
- Proficient analytical skills and a measured approach to decision making
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role:
- £55-60,000 salary
- Car allowance
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 5% matched pension
- 25 days holiday