An industry-leading procurement consultancy is looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to join its team.
We are delighted to be working with an industry-leading procurement consultancy that specialises in procurement and tendering services for schools.
The consultancy provides information on cost reduction opportunities, contract management, and offers advice on improving purchasing practices ensuring compliance with public sector regulations; essentially elevating the level of care and education schools can offer to their pupils.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Procurement Manager will be someone with a good ethos, who acts with integrity and honesty.
This role grants real job satisfaction in aiding the future generation by laying the foundations for schools to be better equipped and to function more efficiently ensuring all savings are re-invested where a school needs it the most.
The role, therefore, requires someone who strives to be the best that they can be, with a desire to become an expert in their field.
You will be exposed to a variety of category areas from catering to cleaning, ICT to payroll.
Work is divided based on workload rather than specific category areas or school contracts.
This enables the individual to gain broad exposure and enhance their procurement knowledge.
This is a client-facing role that requires you to demonstrate the interpersonal skills to partner with schools and facilitate the right outcomes for their budgets.
Travel to sites will be required (on average once per week) and the requirement to be in the office will usually be 2 days a week.
What will you be involved in?
- Interface between the consultancy, the schools and the supplier base
- Hosting supplier site visits and presentation days at schools
- Evaluation of tenders, selection of suppliers and making recommendations to the schools
- Pricing analysis
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Produce professional, high quality and PCR-compliant documents for high-value tenders
- Assist with producing Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation for below-threshold tenders
- Bespoking precedent legal agreements in liaison with clients and legal advisors
- Create high standard, detailed but easy-to-understand post-project Procurement Audit Reports for clients (based on existing templates)
- Liaise with customers and suppliers via phone, email, or face to face, as required
- Attend on-site visits and bidder presentation days
- Coordinate bid diaries/timelines to ensure tender deadlines are met
- Create letters, reports and spreadsheets as required
- Undertake a detailed and complex evaluation of Selection Questionnaire and Invitation to Tender bid responses
- Follow up supplier references in a professional manner (where required)
- Use and manage In-Tend e-procurement software
- Consistently review all precedent tender documentation to improve usability from both an internal and external prospective
- Maintain information held within the Infusionsoft CRM database
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge in all aspects of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
The Managing Director is looking for someone who is:
- Confident, enthusiastic and with a desire to learn – someone who aspires to become an expert!
- Innovative, creative and passionate
- Proactive – looking to find the solution rather than waiting to be told
- Wanting to do the right thing, even when it’s difficult
- Hardworking and willing to get stuck into all types of tasks
- Someone who refuses to accept mediocrity: ‘good’ is not good enough
- A team player, able to liaise well at all levels
- Able to work under pressure
- Driven by a need for exceptional attention to detail
Skills and experience:
- Intermediate-level expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification (desirable)
- Experience in a procurement role (essential)
- Knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (desirable)
- Proven expertise in the production of a wide range of procurement documents (essential)
- Experience in report writing and presenting (essential)
- Use of In-Tend (or similar) e-procurement software (desirable)
- Experience in the education sector (desirable)
- UK full driving license
Benefits of the Procurement Manager include:
- A base salary of £40-45,000
- Full CIPS study support, plus multiple opportunities for additional training
- 25 days leave + Bank Holidays
- Enhanced sick pay
- 5% matched pension contribution
- Hybrid working with regular opportunities to work from home
- Staff wellbeing package including 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
- ‘Perks at Work’ benefits package