Procurement Heads is partnering with this growing organisation that design, build and maintain high-quality sustainable living and leisure spaces for the student population at some of the finest universities across the UK.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading major sourcing and tender exercises through to award
- Managing supplier performance through KPI monitoring.
- Managing material and systems selection in conjunction with the projects team to guarantee suitability and best value throughout the product lifespan and beyond project completion.
- Establishing upstream contracts with manufacturers to apply consistency throughout the property assets.
Much of the role is project related, so there is variety in the role and an ability to build resilient supply chains to achieve consistency through each individual project.
This role reports to the Head of Procurement whom you will support in delivering departmental objectives
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified – within a construction or business-related discipline.
- MCIPS or working towards this qualification.
- Proven experience in tender management on major capital programmes and complex projects including construction and systems projects.
- Proven experience in achieving cost savings and sustainable benefits through effective negotiations.
- Experienced in procurement delivery and construction-specific tender and contract regulation with in-depth knowledge of all forms of contract (JCT /NEC3/NEC4, Framework agreements, etc)
- Experience in using digital procurement tools: e-tendering and P2P systems.
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role include:
- 12% bonus 12%
- 25 days leave
- Hybrid working (3 office, 2 from home)
- Flexible benefits