A venture capital scale up organisation specialising in ground-breaking antenna technologies is recruiting its first Procurement Manager.
This company has received huge backing from investors and has already attracted a number of customers for their product which will be sold across automotive, defence, infrastructure and even the space sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to mark their stamp within a procurement function. You will help the company in its ambitious growth trajectories looking at strategical sourcing solutions across both direct and indirect procurement.
As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for:
- Primarily responsible for direct (production) procurement but also indirect initially whilst company grows.
- Sourcing of components, negotiating and drafting of supply agreements ensuring value, and management of existing and future contracts
- Collaborating with the manufacturing partner developing strategy and ensuring for a resilient supply eco-system.
- Maintain good supplier Relationship Management (SRM), and market knowledge.
- Drafting, negotiation and management of RFx process
- Lead and drive the component price negotiations.
- Collaboration with engineers on requirements
- Guidance to Company on supplier and technology selections.
- Aiding in implementing an MRP system and managing it.
- Understand and manage efficient logistics both for Company and alongside manufacturing partner
Skills and experience required as Procurement Manager:
- Experience in a sourcing/procurement/supply chain position in a manufacturing background
- Proven sourcing and procurement track record
- Experience in supplier negotiations
- Experience in product development including sourcing of components and set up of supply lines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pain and frustrations with a growth organisation but to also celebrate success