A leading Housing Association in London is looking to recruit a Procurement Manager to join their high performing collaborative team.
The company spend is more than £500 million annually and the procurement team is currently managing around 100 live projects.
Procurement is therefore a vital service to the organisation which helps drive compliance and commercial thinking, ensuring spending power is maximised.
This position will play a key role, supporting other Procurement Managers with complex procurements and working with the Senior Procurement Manager developing procurement strategies and also independently delivering a wide range of projects, through a variety of procurement procedures.
No day will be the same in this role and you will have the fluidity to work across a variety of categories.
As Procurement Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a responsive, high quality, commercial and customer-focused procurement service
- Manage procurement projects in compliance with agreed policies, procedures, project management methodologies and other internal controls to ensure that high standard of probity is adhered to across the organisation’s procurement activity.
- Report to the Senior Procurement Manager on all aspects of business activities within the relevant procurement remit, including advising of new and innovative changes to the supply markets
- Implement strategies to manage procurement risk
- Provide supplier appraisal information to business groups
- Deliver contract management support to business groups (where required)
- Manage the commercial negotiation with suppliers, in support of divisional commissioning requirements
- Ensure that contracts are delivered in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements i.e. Public Contract Regulations 2015 (PCR’s).
- Actively manage strategic relationships with suppliers in conjunction with internal divisional business areas, with a view to delivering identified efficiencies and continuous improvements over the contract lifecycle.
- Network with external parties to develop effective and collaborative supply chain solutions.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all relevant legalisation, procedures and best practice.
- To produce timely and accurate reports for Senior Procurement Manager, Head of & Procurement Director
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent knowledge of procurement legislation, standards, procedures and techniques relevant to a registered provider.
- Experience in and technical ability in a dynamic and developing procurement environment.
- Proven experience of managing and undertaking large public or private sector procurement projects
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts to deliver savings.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience successfully delivering in a customer-focused business, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Experience of building and managing effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability and experience in influencing, negotiating and communicating complex issues.
- Experience in delivering successful procurement programmes with employee, customer and stakeholder engagement, involvement and collaboration.
- Evidence of commercial acumen with a track record of successful negotiation and successful partnerships where relevant
- Strong relationship management skills