Procurement Heads is delighted to be exclusively representing a FTSE250 company to hire a Procurement Manager on a 12 month FTC.
The business has a truly global footprint with clients in more than 120 countries and the Procurement Manager role will help to manage a total spend of around £200m.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with the Group Head of Procurement for Technology & Digital on all aspects of the procurement life cycle.
You’ll be responsible for supporting clients globally, as well as stakeholders end-to-end from requirements identification through competitive tender and contract award.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a global, dynamic procurement team, ideally with experience in the Technology category.
The business has a goal to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to contribute fully to their vision.
They operate a largely remote model of working, with their London office available to use for collaboration as a team.
As Procurement Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in the development of strategic plans
- Leading on procurement projects, inclusive of competitive tenders, renewals and negotiations – working collaboratively with key stakeholders and other procurement team members as needed
- Ensuring all procurement activities undertaken are aligned with internal Procurement Policy & Procedures
- Building strong and collaborative partnerships with our key suppliers
- Identifying opportunities to demonstrate value for money, cost optimisation or cost avoidance and reduction in operational and commercial risks
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with suppliers; engaging with the Group Legal function as needed
- Act as the primary interface between key suppliers and the business for all vendor related issues as required
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience at junior/mid-level within a Procurement team
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards (desirable)
- Commercial awareness and acute business acumen is essential
- Ability to analyse data to inform effective decision making
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with high energy to drive for results and hit deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Have a dynamic approach to your work, being flexible, professional and diligent under pressure
- A strong, clear communicator in both written and verbal formats
Benefits of the Procurement Manager role include:
- £55-60,000 salary
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life assurance (4x)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Matched pension
- 25 days holiday