We are working with a leading, defence business to help appoint a Procurement Leader for their supply chain team, which is about to undergo incredible growth.
The company has a significant growth strategy planned for the next few years and, as a result, needs a strong Procurement Leader who will drive performance and efficiency within a complex supply chain and manage a small team.
Based in the North West, the Procurement Leader will manage a new team of three and be part of a wider team of eight; thought to grow to 14 in the next year.
Your responsibility will be predominantly to manage supplier performance, create contracts, negotiate with suppliers, implement and manage KPIs after contract award. We are therefore looking for someone with acute technical procurement and supply chain knowledge.
Given that you will be managing a team, we are also looking for demonstrable team management skills and experience as this is a key part of the role, for example, being collaborative and understanding how to mentor a team is equally as important.
This company is open to industry backgrounds for example; Oil & Gas, Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering and Defence.
In return, the company will develop you into being a leader and train you on their ERP system.
As Procurement Leader your main responsibilities will involve:
- Delivering the service and product by ensuring that direct reports have purpose and clarity and are empowered to meet key delivery targets within an acceptable timescale and budget
- Helping to deliver key procurement strategies, supporting competitive tendering and major sub-contract negotiation. Responsibility for post-contract management and Supplier performance, relationship management and development.
- Ensuring that we work to policies and procedures that enhance services/product quality and customer satisfaction
- Working cross-functionally in order to ensure achievement of key knowledge transfer and deployment of best working practices across the business
- Managing behaviours to ensure they are conducive to the required business culture, maintaining a united and professional image
- Maintaining the required levels of reporting across your team associated with; progress in key service delivery phases, cost management, spend management, Supplier Performance and schedule delivery performance KPIs.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and creation of Sub-Contracts and associated Purchase Orders in SAP
- Responsibility for the maintenance and creation of TeamCenter chronicles and workflows
- Where required facilitating and/or leading the LCM requirements associated with the work package and that of the team
Skills & experience:
- Full MCIPS Qualification or working towards
- Good people management skills required to manage a team with various levels of experience and skillsets
- Experience or ability to interpret Supplier performance metrics and to work with suppliers to address performance shortfalls
- A good knowledge of all financial aspects of procurement; cost accountant management reviews and Cost Forecasting through to value for money for the equipment being procured
- Major subcontract management experience, negotiation and tendering
- Experience in running full Contract Management Reviews with Suppliers
- You should have proven negotiation skills with the ability to manage challenging stakeholders. You must be able to work on your own initiative and have good problem solving and team leadership capabilities
- Keen team manager
- Good negotiation relationship-building skills
To discuss the Procurement Leader role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7393 140 509. All enquiries are handled confidentially.