We are working with a global financial services company to hire a Procurement Governance & Assurance Lead.
We are working with a global financial services company to hire a Procurement Governance & Assurance Lead. The role can be done remotely, however, travel to the Guildford office will be required several times a month as per business requirements.
The focus of this role is to consistently drive the corporate strategy by ensuring that effective and efficient procurement practices are in place. This will be done by overseeing key procurement controls such as the procurement standard while consulting on procurement activities and/or governance procurement remit.
The Procurement Governance & Assurance Lead we are recruiting provides a great opportunity to drive forward the newly created process and supplier assurance practice at this global company, supporting in ensuring their risk management activities are the best they can achieve. This role will have both direct and indirect reports to oversee.
To thrive in this role, you’ll be a qualified procurement professional who is looking to build on a career within a forward-thinking, blue-chip organisation, working at a strategic level with internal stakeholders/external suppliers to optimise the value delivered for the whole group.
As Procurement Governance & Assurance Lead your key responsibilities will be:
Enablement and governance
- Working with the automation team to ensure a coordinated approach in terms of data requirements and processes.
- Review and maintain the Local Procurement standard and related appendices, governance documents, and E2E lifecycle as well as supporting any queries from the business relating to these.
- Coordination of (and review of) procurement processes and practices, continually ensuring best practice is implemented wherever possible.
- Align wherever required with group procurement colleagues on the compliance requirements.
- Support the ongoing roll-out of Ariba P2P and S2C where required.
- Coordinating the annual compilation of the Modern Slavery Statement and ensuring that included activity is active and relevant. This includes ensuring that all relevant Procurement and SRM personnel complete the CIPS Ethics assessment, thus ensuring the renewal of the CIPS Ethics Mark each year.
- Assessing training and development requirements of the procurement team, facilitating and delivering training as and when required.
- On an annual basis, support the successful input of the budget forecast for the spend within the remit.
Risk and Compliance Assurance
- Leading business area response to any risk and audit requirements relating to Procurement practices and processes.
- Manages the risk management and due diligence process and oversight for the Procurement function, ensuring that best practice is maintained and promoted, along with ensuring that the most appropriate risks are identified, mitigated, and addressed via Procurement tools, processes and templates and reflected in the appropriate control documentation.
- Oversee and drive forward Procurement process auditing and supplier assurance activity (to be defined)
- Works with the Enablement and Supplier Relationship Management team to ensure alignment and that risk-related initiatives identified for enhancement are implemented and delivered.
- Supports the manager in identifying and delivering on strategic Procurement initiatives.
Skills and experience
- Experience in leading a fast-paced, small team
- Experience delivering projects, along with a flexible and agile approach to the working style
- Experience in a strategic role within Procurement or supplier risk management.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand wider business impacts.
- Working knowledge of procurement process, tools, methodology.
- CIPS – qualified or working towards qualification preferred
Benefits of this role include:
- £50,000 – £55,000 salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 5% matched pension
- 4 x life cover
- 25 days holiday