As Procurement Data Analyst you will support the Procurement team and work alongside Category Managers to provide the all-important data documents.
The team is engaged in the Procurement of all goods and services and this role plays a vital role in ensuring that performance and contract spend is managed and monitored effectively as well as helping Procurement strategies.
You will have the opportunity to develop technical skills with a variety of datasets and software, and to participate in the evolution of management information and production of Procurement dashboards.
As Procurement Data Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing third-party data in a database environment using database technologies and queries using multiple query languages creating MI and reporting dashboards
- Maintain manual or electronic information systems to ensure that procurement and spend activity can provide management and dashboard the correct information
- Supporting Head of Procurement in the development of documents and templates for operational activity within the procurement team
Skills and experience required:
- An analytical background
- An ability to research, update, edit or amend data and information as required
- An ability to liaise with team colleagues to understand specific issues, and possible solutions following analysis
- An ability to presents analysis in a clear manner, selecting the appropriate visualisation tool
- An ability to design, develop and implement data mining tools and report analysis to find relationships and spend patterns
In applications for the Procurement Data Analyst role we will be looking for:
- Very good knowledge of using data to produce management information and reporting dashboards
- Good knowledge of relevant techniques to extract and manipulate raw data
- Good knowledge of SAP finance system
- Good communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of procurement or purchasing activity (desirable)
- A willingness to undertake development training to advance knowledge and skills in data analytics (desirable)
Benefits of the Procurement Data Analyst role include:
- Competitive pension
- Performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 extra at Christmas)
- Flexible working
- CIPS support
- 37-hour working week
To discuss the Procurement Data Analyst role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07393 140 509| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.