A company working heavily with defence customers requires a Procurement Contracts Manager. This role will play an integral part in bidding for work with the military.
As Procurement Contracts Manager:
I am working with a great company that has recently entered the production phase of a large, exciting project and has recently recruited as a result of promotions internally.
This company like to operate with integrity in the commercial space so internally, this role will help to form accuracy on the legal side of contract creation.
- Contract Management & New Business
- Proactively advising and supporting the Supply Chain team on the interpretation and enforcement of contractual and commercial obligations and identifying opportunities to leverage contractual terms in support of business objectives. Where required, leading on supplier negotiations with respect to contractual obligations.
- Provide support to WC & R IPT new business opportunities in accordance with the Contracts Policy, including the review of T&Cs and commercial aspects of the bid, obtaining approvals, proposal drafting, negotiation, purchase order review and acceptance.
- Leading on the drafting, negotiation and execution of supplier framework agreements of strategic importance, liaising with customer-facing teams to understand requirements and design intelligent solutions.
- Support to customer-facing contracts team including the provision of end-to-end contractual support to substantial new business opportunities where they arise, supporting the bid manager, and advising on contracts and commercial issues as part of proposal Gate reviews.
- Ensure that existing contracts are proactively and robustly managed, contractual changes are identified and the contractual financial baseline is protected.
- Identify and monitor commercial risks and propose mitigations.
- Manage and develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Manage (or support as required) customer and supplier disputes and claims in support of business objectives.
- Compliance and Governance
- Implement and ensure adherence to CCL policies & procedures
- Manage the engagement of intermediaries in compliance with Company Policies.
- Protect confidential information by ensuring NDAs are obtained in line with company policy.
- Support the business with respect to trade compliance issues.
- Support functional initiatives, including training and continuous improvement.
Skills & experience required:
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business.
- Experience in aerospace, defence or other complex high technology organisation.
- Experience in applying the broad principles of contract law to supply contracts & new business proposals & negotiations, contract changes, disputes and contract management.
- Experience of assessing the impact of complex commercial issues on the business and presenting a considered view on strategy for negotiation and resolution
- Experience of international contracting and the management of foreign-based customers and contracts
- Experience in a defence contracting environment involving UK MoD and Us DoD conditions would be an advantage.
In applicants, we will be looking for:
- Contracts management from a commercial perspective
- Aerospace experience is preferable but not essential
- Background in manufacturing or engineering organisations
Benefits of the Procurement Contracts Manager role include:
- A benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year
- Company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
- In addition, this company offers a wide range of additional benefits through our Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Contracts Manager role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07393 140 509. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.